Brazil UC certification, formerly known as UCIEE (UniaoCertificadora) certification, is Brazil's safety certification, divided into mandatory and voluntary certification. For products applying for mandatory UC certification, the instructions must be in Portuguese.
1. Introduction to UC certification in Brazil
Brazil UC certification, formerly known as UCIEE (UniaoCertificadora) certification, is Brazil's safety certification, divided into mandatory and voluntary certification. For products applying for mandatory UC certification, the instructions must be in Portuguese. The instructions for voluntary UC certified products can be accepted in English, Spanish and Portuguese. All products that meet the Brazilian standards and other technical requirements must add the mandatory INMETRO logo and the logo of the recognized third-party certification body. Brazilian market.
2. Technical data of UC certification in Brazil
Voltage: Most use 110V/60Hz or 220V/60Hz
Plug: From January 1, 2007, Brazil will no longer accept US plugs, and use European two-pin plugs uniformly
3. Brazil UC certification document requirements
1. CB report prepared according to ICE standards;
2. Technical documents (structure drawings, circuit diagrams, PCB wiring diagrams, etc.);
3. User manual: Mandatory certification products require Portuguese user manuals, non-compulsory certification products can accept Portuguese, Spanish or English user manuals;
4. Portuguese electrical product specification labels, etc.
4. Brazil UC certification product range
(1) Voluntary product certification:
1. IT equipment;
2. Consumer electronic products;
3. Lighting lamps;
4. Household appliances, etc.
(2) Compulsory certification products:
1. Electronic medical equipment;
2. Ballast, etc.
5. Brazil UC certification process
1. Communicate in the early stage of the project and confirm the application;
2. Sample test;
3. Test and issue a test report;
4. Arrange factory audit;
5. Assist in submitting the test report and factory audit report to the certification body;
6. A certificate will be issued after the data review is passed.
6. Brazil UC certified factory inspection
Compulsory certification products: factory inspection is performed by UCIEE (subsequent factory inspection can be performed by German Rheinland, or its accredited laboratory agent).