ENERGY STAR, the full name of ENERGY STAR in Chinese, is a government energy-saving plan jointly implemented by the US Department of Energy (DOE) and the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to better protect the living environment and save energy.
1. Introduction to Energy Star Certification
ENERGY STAR, the full name of ENERGY STAR in Chinese, is a government energy-saving plan jointly implemented by the US Department of Energy (DOE) and the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to better protect the living environment and save energy. Products that are successfully audited by ENERGY STAR will be listed on their official website. ENERGY STAR is certified, and like DLC, it is a voluntary certification.
2. Part of the product range of ENERGY STAR certification:
1. Office equipment: computers, copiers and fax machines, digital duplicators, external power adapters, laptop computers, monitors, printers, printers and integrated equipment, water coolers...
2. Household appliances: battery charging systems, digital-to-analog converter boxes, wireless phones, TV/VCR and TV/DVD combination equipment, DVD products, external power adapters, home audio equipment, TV sets, VCRs...
3. Lamps under 250W directly connected to the power grid are mostly indoor lighting lamps (civilian lamps) : fluorescent lamps, light engines, surface installation refurbished kits, ceiling installation refurbished kits, mobile lamps, and integrated lamps. Product Scope: Outdoor lighting, Highbay or Lowbay, panel lights (2X2,1X4,2X4).
3. the energy star certification test content:
Test content included in Energy Star: Safety, EMI, surge, noise (non-Energy Star energy efficiency test items) Optical performance and energy efficiency test items:
1. Light effect, luminous flux
2. Color temperature, color deviation, color rendering index
3. Light intensity distribution, regional luminous flux distribution
4. Chromaticity space inhomogeneity
5. Switching cycle
6. Luminous maintenance rate
7. Chroma maintenance rate
9. Electrical parameters
4. ENERGY STAR certification documents:
1. Product instruction manual
2. Safety design documents (including key structural diagrams)
3. Product technical conditions
4. Product electrical schematic diagram
5. Product circuit diagram
6. Key components or raw materials List (please choose products with European certification mark).
7. A copy of the certificate of the whole machine or components.
8. Other required information.
5. ENERGY STAR certification process:
1. Provide ENERGY STAR certification information and application form
2. The applicant fills in the application form (submit manufacturer information)
3. Submit samples and product information
4. Perform laboratory tests on the samples
5. Submit test data and related documents to ENERGY STAR authorities
6. Approved, ENERGY STAR sends a letter
7. The product is affixed with the ENERGY STAR label