CEC certification is the Appliance Efficiency Regulation implemented by the California Energy Commission on December 30, 2005. The purpose of this regulation is to improve the efficiency of electrical products, save energy, reduce gas emissions and the greenhouse effect.
1. Introduction to CEC Certification
CEC certification is the Appliance Efficiency Regulation implemented by the California Energy Commission on December 30, 2005. The purpose of this regulation is to improve the efficiency of electrical products, save energy, reduce gas emissions and the greenhouse effect. The regulation stipulates that electrical products must first meet the equipment energy efficiency regulations when they are sold in California, the regulation stipulates energy efficiency index requirements, measurement methods and phased implementation plans for 58 categories of electrical products. According to the requirements of this regulation, electrical products must be tested by a qualified laboratory in accordance with the corresponding regulations or standards in the United States, and they can only be sold in California after they prove that they meet the requirements.
2. Common CEC certification standards
External power supply EPS ：CEC Title20, 10 CFR 430, Subpart B, Appendix Z.
Battery Charging System： CEC Title20, BCS 10 CFR 430, Subpart B, Appendix Y.
Lighting products： CEC Title 24,Part 6 JA8 and CEC Title 20.
3. CEC certification test project
1. Input current;
2. Input power;
3. Output voltage;
4. Output current;
5. Output power;
6. No-load voltage;
7. Power factor;
8.THD and other parameters.
4. the CEC certification process
1. The applicant provides product information and pictures to An Magnetics inspection;
2. According to the information provided by the applicant, determine the test standards and test items, and make a quotation to the applicant;
3. Sample testing: product testing according to CEC certification standards;
4. Issuing a report: a qualified laboratory will issue a test report;
5. CEC registration: Submit the information and data to CEC registration.
5. CEC certification information provided
1. Product name: provide the full name of the product
2. Product model: List all product models, varieties or classification numbers that need to be tested in detail
3. The intended use of the product: such as home, office, factory, coal mine, ship, etc.
4. Parts table: detail the components and models (classification numbers), ratings, and manufacturer's names that make up the product. For insulating materials, please provide the name of the raw material
5. Electrical properties: For electronic and electrical products, provide point schematic diagrams (circuit diagrams) and electrical performance tables
6. Structure diagram: For most products, the structure diagram or exploded diagram, ingredient list, etc. of the product should be provided
7. Product photos, instructions for use, safety matters or installation instructions, etc.